Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Some updates

It's been a busy summer so far which has unfortunately limited my research in the past few weeks. Thankfully, I've still be able to get some work here and there but not as much as I would have liked. Currently working on building some databases of all the PoWs involved in Manitoba work projects - my last task was transcribing about 1,000 names of PoWs involved in the 1946 Beet Harvest!

I've also been fortunate enough to add some pieces to my collection. Today's post is a Veterans' Guard of Canada officer's cap. With a bit of research and help from the Homefront Museum and Archives, I was able to identify the officer and find his obituary. Turns out he was from Winnipeg, served in the 27th Winnipeg Battalion in World War I and was wounded at Passchendaele. In the Second World War he served with the Number Three Company, Veterans' Guard of Canada. Now for a six-ish month wait from the Archives for his records!

No comments:

Post a Comment